Friday, July 8, 2011

My Favorite Harry Potter Movie Posters

With the movie hitting theaters in just a few days, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2 posters are almost always within view: on billboards, store windows, bus stops, busses, benches, everywhere. (Prompting Matt to query "Who is this Harry Potter? Maybe we should go see the movie and check out what the fuss is all about!")

All the promoting has made me reflect on the movie posters over the last 10 years, and do a little online search to gather my favorites. Most of them are the ones that we have all seen plenty, but are still great (like the very first one with the kids riding in the boats!) but others are new to me. I've shared them by movie- let me know if I've missed one of your favorites!

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Classic.

Never seen this one before, but I think it is so sweet! And it has  Glenfinnan Viaduct in it!

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

I love Dobby and he deserves his own poster.
But this one is alright too.

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

This one reflects Cuaron's dark style
But I am all about Sirius. Seriously.
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Dark and Difficult times...
I don't know if I ever saw this one, but I like it. Constant vigilance!
This one is great! Doesn't really summarize the movie, but you gotta love all the big love!

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

The only poster I found that show Fred & George.
I think lots of characters had solo posters for this movie, but I like Sirius'...
...and Luna's. 

And how awesome is this one? very.

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

Alright. I don't know if you'd get it at all if you didn't read the books first.
This poster reflects the plot best, I think.
Or this one. I guess this was a pretty important part too. I always wondred why Draco started wearing those nice suits around Hogwarts though...

This is my favorite. Of all the posters, of all the movies. This is one of my most favorite moments in all the books. I am a little upset that it was made into a poster though- the nerve! Since they CUT this scene OUT of the movie!

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1

Good, action, panic.

These two showing the silver doe are pretty. Not sure if I like the tag for this one, but the image is certainly very magical!
Just looking at this poster makes me tear up.
Which movie does this one belong to? It says both, but the image is for the final film... I  love the posters that show the castle, but I hate that time its burning! Damn Voldemort and his thirst for evil!

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2
(no comments...)





I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment